At SunBright Aquatics, the health and safety of our Instructors and Clients is our first priority. It is our commitment to do everything we can to ensure safe work practices at all times. During this unprecedented and constantly evolving condition of COVID-19, we have put together the following plan outlining our proactive steps that we are taking to ensure safety. We ask that you review and acknowledge the following regulations as confirmation of understanding and acceptance.Download Form
INSTRUCTOR & STUDENT CONTACT:
- NON-CONTACT lessons will be provided by the Swim Instructor if students are able to swim on their own. In this case, the instructor will complete the lesson from outside the pool (or in the pool to demonstrate techniques) at a minimum 2-metre distance.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be kept between the instructor and students at all times.
- Only other household members can assist swimmers with physical contact, including parents, caregivers, guardians or siblings over the age of 16 who are able to comfortably swim in the water on their own.
- PARENT & TOT LESSONS will be available for students who need assistance in the water with the help of a household member (minimum 2 metre distance). In this case, the instructor will do a swim test at the beginning of the first lesson to ensure that the parent/guardian participating in the lesson is comfortable swimming in the water.
- If a student cannot swim on their own, and the parent/guardian does not want to be in the water, the student will be required to wear a personal flotation device (PFD) that keeps them above the water during the duration of the lesson.
Please note: Swim instructors will be in contact with students if a first aid or emergency situation occurs.
USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Swim instructors will wear gloves and a mask when possible during lessons (specific PPE to be used will be discussed and agreed upon between the client and instructor directly – if you have specific requests, please contact your swim instructor prior to your first lesson).
- Instructors will ensure they have the correct PPE (mask and gloves) available in case a first aid or emergency situation presents itself.
- We encourage clients to provide their own equipment for lessons including but not limited to the following: flutter boards, noodles, diving rings/jets, water toys.
- In the case that the Swim Instructor’s equipment is used, instructors will thoroughly clean and disinfect equipment between lessons using antibacterial/germ killing cleaners.
Signs of COVID-19 Shown
- If signs of COVID-19 appear on the client or anyone in their family, parents must notify their instructor as soon as possible to reschedule lessons for a later date. Symptoms include fever, dry cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- If the client or anyone in their family has knowingly been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, parents must notify their instructor as soon as possible to reschedule lessons after a minimum two-week period has passed.
- If signs of COVID-19 are seen on the instructor, or if the instructor has knowingly been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, the instructor will immediately cancel all lessons and re-schedule for a later date.